Saturday, January 19, 2008

I Have Never Felt Older in my ENTIRE Effing Life

Last post, I promise...

OK, so I'm watching Jay Leno and he has this kid, "Ryan Sheckler," on who's causing the audience, apparently made up entirely of 12 year-old girls, to shriek uncontrollably (bear in mind I had to Google various incarnations of his name before I could figure out who the eff he was). Plus, the "Jonas Brothers" (Is that even a thing? Is it like Hanson? I feel like Tina Key asking if Zac Efron is a"thing") are singing and the squeeing continues. I can't believe I'm so out-of-touch that I have no idea who any of these people are...why can't Jay talk to normal people, like John Cusak or Brett Favre? Who are these douche-hats? Why do young girls have the worst taste in teen idols? Mostly, why am I so upset that I have no idea who these people are?

Edited to add -
OK, SERIOUSLY...now I'm completely depressed. Allegedly, "Ryan Sheckler" was born in 1989.


Edited to add again -
OMFG. One of the Jonas Brothers was "apparently" born in "1995." Like when I was (maybe) in High School. Can people born in 1995 even talk, yet? Do they know what "Thundercats" and "Jem" are? Who wants to open another bottle of wine?

No comments: