Thursday, January 10, 2008

T.G.I. Friday’s

If I'm going to be subjected to T.G.I. Friday's commercials during the current semi-brilliance that is"A Daily Show," w/o writers, can they at least be truthful or somewhat based in reality? They're advertising the disgusting $12.99 3-course menu, probably filled with sodium laden frozen appetizers fraught with fake cheese and deep-fried vegetables, entrees of processed chicken breasts pumped full of hormones, and diabetes-inducing chocolate cake, but, worst of all, they're trying to tell me people go to T.G.I. Friday's and order wine. Seriously. In the commercial, there's a group of 20-somethings sitting at a (somewhat questionably) clean table, drinking wine (only the women) and beer (only the men). WTF? What kind of ghetto-ass wine could they possibly serve? Livingston Red Rose? Who drinks that? What, are they high? America makes me sad.



Side note - Stephen Colbert dancing to JT "SexyBack" (imitating Ellen DeGeneres) is arguably the best thing I've seen on TV since the New Year.

Also, Stephen's attorney Gorlak is hot.

No comments: